Lucy will be up here soon.

I need to take a picture to add of her.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Father & Son's Campout

This was Mike and Thomas' first year at the "Father & Son's Campout". They were both excited and talked about it for weeks. Thomas was so pleased that it was for the boys only. Both Megan and Sarah had already had their "Daddy-Daughter" dates a few weeks before and now it was Thomas' turn. He had absolutely no problem saying goodbye to me...sigh...and could not wait to drive away. My poor mom's heart felt sad seeing his little bed empty that night, but I felt happy that he was bonding with his dad. Here they are...ready to go!

I shot a little video right before they left.


Thomas and Mike camped next to their friends the Howell's. Here he is with his buddy Carver.


It got into the 30's during the night and after shoving Thomas back into his sleeping bag several times throughout the night, Thomas finally had to climb into Mike's bag to warm up at 6:00 am. Little squirmy 3-year-old boys don't know how to stay tucked into a sleeping bag. This was something I worried about, but Mike took great care of him.


They went for a bike ride in the morning, after a very early wake time...much to Mike's enjoyment.

They also had a chance to ride horses. Thomas was pretty thrilled to ride his own horse. He hasn't done this for a few years, and I am sure doesn't remember the last time. Mike led him around the pasture.

Right near the horse pasture was a tractor doing some work. This proved to be even better than a horse and Thomas had to get a better look.

I like how Mike framed this shot. Thomas is all about the tractors and trucks. Loves them!

My boys arrived home around lunch time and Thomas was too tired to help unload the car. That's the part of the fun he didn't want to be too involved in. I'm sure as the years go, Mike won't let him get away with only carrying in one thing. I am glad they had fun, that no one was burned in the campfire, and made it home safe. Boy do I worry. :)

No comments: