Lucy will be up here soon.

I need to take a picture to add of her.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Thomas turns 3!

Thomas turned 3 on Dec. 15th. He was so excited for his birthday to finally arrive. I asked him what he wanted and his two requests were a motorcycle cake and his friends to come to his party. I wanted to try to keep it low key, hard for me, but still have a fun party for my little buddy. We started the party at 4:30. It was supposed to be after school got out, but little did I know that we would have a snow day. When the kids showed up we played with play-doh for a bit and then moved onto the cake. I usually make my kids cakes, but this was a year to take it easy for me. (More on that on a different post). I called up Safeway the morning of, since I had debated making a cake all night long as I stressed about this party in my sleep, and they "threw" together a really great cake with mountains, trees and a road for the toy motorcycle. I meant to get a picture of the top. Oh well. Thomas went to the party store with me in the morning and picked out his motorcycle and placed it on the cake himself. He was so pleased with that motorcycle he didn't put it down for at least 3 days after. When we first started to sing "Happy Birthday" he got a little grumpy from the attention.
He then quickly turned that frown upside down and enjoyed the end of the song.
It took him 3 blows, one for each candle, to get the job done. Good going Thomas!
He did not have any trouble getting that cake in him. At one point he just took to the cake on the plate like a puppy. I guess it was easier than with the spoon to just shove your face into the frosting.After the kids finished with cake we were onto the presents. That didn't take long and then they took turns jumping in the bounce house until parents showed up. It was a fun party that only lasted about and hour. Just what I wanted.
Here are pictures with his friends that attended the party.
Mckay and Thomas

Carver and Thomas

Thomas and Vale

Ben and ThomasJoseph and ThomasAnd finally me and my buddy at the end of the night.

He had a great time and that's what matters most. Somehow I survived the day and I just love this little guy so much that I would do anything for him. He is such a bright light in an otherwise gloomy time of the year in the Northwest that I guess I don't need to see that sun since I have little Thomas to shine his smile on me each day.

1 comment:

Paula said...

He really is a ray of sunshine! Happy birthday Thomas. We wish we could have been there!