Lucy had a cold all week and after 2 days of fevers and no signs of improvement, I decided to take her to the doctor to check her raspy breathing and sounds in her chest. The doctor thought she might have pneumonia and decided to send me to the ER for a chest x-ray and breathing treatments. Long story short: after 4 hours of waiting for the x-ray, breathing treatments, RSV lab collection from her nose, waiting for the doctor, waiting for the nurse, 2 blown out diapers, one small 1/2 nap, waiting lots more, and many tears later, we were finally on our way home. She maybe has pneumonia, but the doctor decided to not risk sending her home without antibiotics. So they gave her the double-whammy antibiotic shots in the thighs and sent us home with a prescription for the week. I was not stressed out about her sickness...yet, but wanted to make sure we were doing everything we could to get her back on a healthy track. She still doesn't feel well today and is very congested in her lungs. Her coughing fits have caused her to throw-up once today, but at least she slept all night long and has taken two good naps today. She was a tired baby. I took a few pictures of our time in the hospital.
Here she is shortly after going through triage and you will notice her "spilled" Tylenol down her front. She really hates drinking medicine and it is a challenge to keep it in.
Tired baby that really needs a nap.
Here she is in the restraining device they use to get the chest x-ray. It would be near impossible without this. The radiology techs probably thought I was not very nice to keep her in there for 30 seconds longer while I grabbed my phone to take a picture. "But I have to get a shot of this!"
Here's here chest x-ray. I love seeing her cute fat folds on her shoulders. If you know what you are looking for there are some areas of "clouding" that show something in her lungs. Maybe pneumonia?
Upon seeing her thighs right before giving the shots the nurse exclaimed,
"Now those are some good thighs!"
Waiting...some more...for someone to come and sign us out so we can go home.
Here's here chest x-ray. I love seeing her cute fat folds on her shoulders. If you know what you are looking for there are some areas of "clouding" that show something in her lungs. Maybe pneumonia?
Upon seeing her thighs right before giving the shots the nurse exclaimed,"Now those are some good thighs!"
Waiting...some more...for someone to come and sign us out so we can go home.


3 comments:
Poor baby Lucy!!! Want to add something funny to your story? The "torture device" is called a "pigostat". Don't ask me how it got that name. Lucy has the most perfect thighs for shots. I feel bad for the poor little thing.
:( hope she is feeling better!
So sad! Aaron thought that she might be giving the x-ray tech a nice birdie sign. :) I hope she's feeling better!
Post a Comment